Sunday, October 3, 2010

30 Bags in 30 Days - Days Twenty-One, Twenty-Two and Twenty-Three

I have fallen really behind in the blogging, but I am having a hard time getting good pictures.
My flash is washing out all the pictures and it has been too dark out lately to take any good pics with no flash. Anyway, for Bag Twenty-One, I remade the wallet from Day Seven. It came out much better this time (a bit bigger all around and definitely less interfacing. The secondary fabric (which you can't see from the outside) is a darling light blue with brown dots.


The other day I got coffee at my favorite coffee stand and the woman who owns the place is just so great that I decided to make her a bag. Once I got home, I remembered that I had this coffee shop print
fabric (of course, she might be totally over coffee decorations, since she probably has lots of coffee related stuff), but like everyone else who likely thinks her main interest in life is coffee and therefore drowns her in coffee gifts, I will give her this zip purse.

For Bag Twenty-Three, I had purchased a small amount of this brown cotton with a funky lime, turquoise and yellow print that I knew would go well with all of the other lime and turquoise fabric and bits that I have at home. I decided I wanted to use some bobble fringe I had to make this bag, but it took me almost a week to figure out where it was. As my husband said, this bag is "um, very festive."
Also, yesterday I was at Goodwill (replacing the stuff I donated) when I found this awesome old projection screen on a tripod. I am not sure what I will use it for, but I couldn't resist. So as you can see in the picture above (which barely shows the bag and mostly focuses on my new toy), I am currently trying to use it for taking pictures (except the background is reflective which complicates things).

No comments:

Post a Comment