Sunday, January 31, 2010

Bags, bags, and more bags

A few weekends ago, I decided it was time to retire my everyday purse (it was a lovely handmade small messenger bag style purse, but it is getting worn out). So I decided I would make myself a new bag, or three. Really, I didn't know what type of bag I would want to use, and I couldn't resist making quite a few. So by Sunday evening, I had a wall of bags...



By the time I took this picture, I had already given away the dragon bag (posted separately below).



I love this fabric, and the simple bag design turned out well with such a busy fabric.

Here is a close-up of the patchwork dresden circle bag. I should post a link to the page where I got the idea for this bag, but I can't seem to find it. It was originally intended to just be a straight dresden circle bag, but the first circles I sewed up were disproportionate and too small, so I cut it all up and added some more fabric to make the patchwork panels.

15 comments:

  1. I especially love the Dresden Circles bag! It almost reminds me of neckties. I think it's the striped fabric! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hte shape of hte everyday bag. Very serviceable and easy to carry! Rebecca Ednie/thebragal Swap-Bot

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice bag. I wish to create my own bag..buy my sewing skill is too bad. :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! I want a purse from you! You are so talented, I can sew but nothing like this perfection. They're all so great. Wow.
    ~Jaemac from swap-bot

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Yoshi,
    You have a lovely blog. I especially like these bags. I feel inspired to try my hand. I'm crafty just not much in sewing. I'm following your blog. Would you follow mine?
    http://vintageterrace2.blogspot.com/
    Blessings on your day,
    Coleen Franks
    P.S. I'm from Swap-bot Comment on Craft/Design blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dresden bag is so amazing! I really love it!
    -mariaisabel from swap-bot

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much nice bags :)! So coooool. Wow.

    Fabi (BubbLeGumGirLie for Comments on Craft/Design Blogs)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want one! LOL these are great bags.

    SwapBot~LadyAmbrosia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, oh, oh... I love these! I can't decide which one I like best. You made these all in a weekend?! That is amazing.
    ~ candyn/swapbot

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are very clever in making these.love glendas.... sb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many cool bags!!!

    (Agnetha - SwapBot)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow these are super fun! I've never ventured out to make something like this -- my bags are always square - yours are so much more fun!


    TheCreativePlace from swapbot

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like your bags. I have been wanting to sew a few grocery bags for myself but can't seem to find the time. Great job!!!

    j3ss1ca (SB)

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely bags, I loved the dreden bag the most.
    lucyco ........... swapbot

    ReplyDelete
  15. The circle bag is so beautifull. I think its even better how you made it.

    fii - swapbot

    ReplyDelete